Friday, September 3, 2010

How to live a healthy life.

I used to scoff at those who ate ‘too' well and called them extremists, puritans and, frankly, BORING. However a few problems with my body and an accident involving a long flight of unsuitably placed stairs robbed me of my health and made me sit up and pay attention (well sort of half listen at first).  I am going to share my experiences of healthy living in general, detoxifying the body and ultimately, how to be the best version of you possible, in a way that feels right for you.

A lot of us think we are healthy. We try to eat the right things and do the best we can given our busy lifestyles. But, we still seem to lack energy. There are so many excuses we come up with for feeling less than our best, but 90% of the time it is related, at least in part, to our diets. I am here to help you feel vital and energetic in a few, surprisingly easy, delicately trodden steps. Once your energy levels improve you can start to take leaps and bounds.

We often create an experience of time limitation in our lives, where there never seems to be a moment in the day to do what we want to do and this leads to neglect of our bodies and our diets. It is amazing how often I hear, ’I don’t have time’. What if I told you that it is actually really easy to increase your energy levels by 20% just by making a few simple changes?

I know we all have our forbidden fruits, our treats, our cravings. I think we should have those things sometimes, just not everyday. You should enjoy your food and make health changes gradually…and who knows, eventually those cravings might disappear? Actually, if you do this right (in your own time) I can guarantee they will, perhaps not overnight but when it’s right for you. If over time you choose to cleanse your diet even more, then that is fantastic.

I see this journey as a ladder to health. We climb it gradually at a speed which is right for us. Food really is the key to making us feel better about ourselves emotionally and physically. It is nature’s medicine.

Best Wishes


Josie Was this useful?  Like My facebook page... :)


1 comment:

  1. Hello Josie, nice blog! I have found people who seems to be very energetic. I asked them whether they eat or drink something special they told me "No", it is all because of their interest in doing the things that they release the energy. When we don't like doing a thing then we begin to hold the energy inside us. We therefore feel dull and lethargic. Try taking interest in your life. Besides eating and drinking good food one should always try to be positive towards life.

    ReplyDelete