Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Which teas are good for you?

I am a tea lover.  Actually, I am a tea worshipper.  There is never a bad time for tea.  Can you tell I am English?

But, I am a Brit with a difference, because I am not going to be talking about a milk and two sugars cup.  I want to suggest you try some herbal teas, speciality teas and herbal infusions in your day.

I totally understand that herbal tea can feel boring at first, especially when you first make the transition and are used to a sweet, milky brew. However, as you drink more of it and allow your body to adjust to this new tea experience, you may find that it is better than you think.  Occasionally I will have a normal English Breakfast tea at a friends house when there is nothing else around and I still enjoy it (and it would be rude not to).  But, if I am at home I always have a wonderful selection of infusions that make a decision hard and every teatime different.

We are all told caffeine makes tea bad and this is true if you drink too much of it, because it mimics the stress response and unsettles our day and night.  However, small amounts in green tea and other varieties is ok and some caffeine free teas and herbal infusions are so fantastically good for you that we should drink them in abundance.

I am not suggesting you never have your normal tea, that would upset too many people.  But I do encourage you to mix and match your tea throughout the day so you get a variety of healing benefits and calming, cleansing reactions.

Here are my top five Teas/Infusions

1. Tulsi Tea: Holy Basil Tea

2. Yogi Tea/Bright Mood Tea

3. Fresh Peppermint from the Garden

4. Fennel from the Garden

5. Dr Stuarts/Detox Tea

Try some new teas today and eventually you will find a herbal tea that makes you go, mmmmm.  Or, if you think it all tastes like pond water, try fresh ginger in hot water.

Enjoy!

Josie.

 


Was this useful?  Like My facebook page... :)


2 comments:

  1. i love you jose!! brew me one up yahhh xx love katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we must brew together soon! Tea and Katy go together so well...xx

    ReplyDelete