Friday, February 3, 2012

How to make guacamole.

I absolutely love avocado so one of my favourite raw recipes is guacamole with vegetable sticks.  Avocado has over twenty nutrients so combined with carrot sticks and cucumber sticks it becomes a completely brilliant snack!

Avocado is rich in vitamin E which is fantastic for your skin and generally disarming free radicals that are running wild in the body.  It is also a good source of B vitamins which keep our nervous system healthy and our brains functioning as best as they possibly can - in my case? Still rather slowly :)

The best thing about this wonderful raw snack is the simplicity of it and the speed in which you can pull it off.  Instead of reaching for something packed and fried, do your body a favour and throw this quick snack together.

Yummy Guacamole

1 or 2 ripe avocados

Garlic to taste

chilli to taste

Onion to taste

Pinch of salt


Basically you are going to mash this lot together in no particular order and make it in to a lovely green mud pie kind of thing.  I am lazy so I put all the ingredients except the avocado in the small attachment on my blender, then follow with the avocado.  However, if you do it by hand you get a much more chunky homemade feel to the whole thing and it can taste even better.  I decide dependant on my mood.  You can cut up any kind of vegetable to dip it in or even just massage it in to a load of green leaves and use it as a salad dressing...creamy and delicious!

Enjoy!

Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment