Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Josie's Raw Organic Sesame Truffles

Ok, so even those who want to be healthy need a sweet treat occasionally. If you have the right kind of ingredients in your cupboards then throwing together fast and delicious raw desserts is surprisingly easy. Then when you eat them you know that as well as getting your emotional fix, you are also getting your nutritional boost as well...everybody wins.

I was experimenting today and I made something I thought was worth sharing.  I apologise for my inability to measure things...but it will encourage you to experiment too! :)

Ingredients

Sesame Seeds
Honey
Raw Cacao Powder
Raw Organic Coconut Oil
Pinch of Salt

Using a small attachment to a tabletop blender, grind the seeds down to a powdery paste (I used about a cup of seeds to start off with).  Then I added a heaped tablespoon of raw cacao powder and mixed them together well.  I then added a small pinch of sea salt and a big dollop of honey and mushed it all together well. 

I then rolled the doughy mixture into balls and rolled them in  cacao powder to finish them off.  Finally I popped them in the fridge and tried very hard not to eat them all at once!!  You could also roll them in sesame seeds or ground almonds...or hmmm...the possibilities are endless.

Use your own tastebuds to decide how rich, sweet or crunchy you want the truffles to be.

Enjoy :)

Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment