Saturday, November 10, 2012

Exercise that IS NOT BORING.

We all know that exercise must and definitely should be a massive part of our lives.  'Half an hour a day' is pushed upon us in a neat little block of time in which we should move our bodies to make them sweat. Everyday?  Or was it five times a week? YAWN.  I cannot imagine anything more boring that choosing a time of day in which I am supposed to use my body in this way because I have been told to by the health police.

So, I choose to exercise my body in ways that feel invisible and are certainly for enjoyment or time saving more than health or weight loss.  I know you must agree this sounds more fun?

Now I realise that some people love to 'work it' in the gym (and hats off to them), I think that is a fabulous thing and I commend you as you head off on those dark nights, gym bag tucked under arm.  However for those of us who squirm at the word treadmill?  Here are my five most fabulous ways of exercising without getting bored or feeling like we are doing something we were told to.



Surfing is a fabulous way to exhaust
yourself without it feeling like a chore.  I took this in
North Wales in the winter so no climate excuses!
Although, admittedly, it is not me!


1. Cycling to Work.  This is much faster than walking and I see it as a time saving joy. It simply makes sense.  Enough said. If you cannot cycle to work then just try and forget a lot of things so at least you have to run back into the house at least 5 times before you leave in the morning (I think this is standard anyway).


2. Climbing.  I love my new climbing hobby, it is the most fantastic way of not realising you are exercising.  your goal is to reach the top of the wall, that is simply all you can focus on.  Exercise? pff.  This is a mission.


3. Free Dancing.  I recently made new friends and completely annihilated my calves by throwing my body around with random dance moves to funky tunes and equally silly ones without alcohol.  This may sound totally mad, it is exactly that.  I have not exercised that hard for years.  Sorry, did I say exercise?  It was dancing at its worst and totally impossible to stop.  Fabulous.  If you live near Whitstable, Kent and want to join in then check out the facebook group managed by the glorious Bev Croft and join us for pant swinging laughter.  Just click on the link below!

Bev Croft's Pant Swinging Lovliness!


4. Long Walks with Good Friends.  Wandering through the woods makes you feel like a kid again when you are with the right people.  You can walk for hours, wondering at the world without realising you have been on the go for two hours.  Follow with chai tea and a log fire.  Splendid Sundays.


5. Trampolining and hula hooping.  Buy a mini trampoline and bounce on it.  This is never going to feel anything less than magical.  Follow it with some hula hooping magic and you will feel ten years younger and very out of breath!

Enjoy exercising without exercising!

Josie :) Was this useful?  Like My facebook page... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment